To Mick and all members

You can talk about anything here
riverdance

To Mick and all members

Post by riverdance »

Hi all.

It looks like that the website has now folded.
We were aware that Mick said he would keep it going as long as finacially possible, however, it would seem that due to lack of funds or whatever it has now gone :(

If there is enough interest and with your help I'm quite willing to set up another Nauticus site and message board. If possible it would be nice to keep this board and its archive but it needs an "administrator" and the only person who can put an admin' on here is Mick.
If Mick is not interested in giving admin rights to me, or any other member who is interested, then another message board can be created (in fact I created one last night just in case) and can be accessed by following this link ... http://nauticuscruisers.proboards.com/

Mick, If you're reading this, can you let us know what, if anything, you intend to do with all the Nauticus information. I would love to be able to resurect a website.

Regards to all

John (Riverdance)
soapy

To Mick and all members

Post by soapy »

Hello Riverdance and all Nauti owners,

I would be happy to offer any assistance I can with a website having had a few on the go for sometime now. The data on the now defunct site is the property of the individual authors and could therefor be resurrected. It would take time and everyones effort to make it happen but I would happily help with site build, construction and maintenance. I offered to help Mick some weeks back but he assured me at that time he would keep it going - let's just hope it's a temporary glitch!!!

With the cost of registering a domain being as low as it is, and there being so much free webspace available, I'd be happy to cover that.

Regards, Soapy (Our Eden)
riverdance

To Mick and all members

Post by riverdance »

It would seem that the Nauticus website demise was grossly exaggerated and should be up and running again shortly.

Thanks Mick, your perseverance is greatly appreciated by all our members.
lazyoldriverer

To Mick and all members

Post by lazyoldriverer »

Mick has got it running again but from email
Hi Terry

The website domain reg expired without our knowledge and we are trying to get it back ASAP. It will re-appear soon.

I would not want this connected with the waterwaysfromtheair.co.uk site as this is a commercial project in association with other firms.

Once I've re-established the domain then I am more than happy with somebody with Frontpage knowledge (or some similar web design software) taking it over. I would not be happy with it being hosted on advertising based webspace like a lot of other sites. Funding it's upkeep is an issue and to date I've paid for it out of my own pocket but I'm recluctant to continue this not now owning a boat.

regards
Mick
So any one who can actively help (and know what they are doing :>) ) Contact Mick
lyndel

To Mick and all members

Post by lyndel »

Hi all, it's great to have the site up and running again lets hope that Mick can find a new person to keep it running or maybe we can club together and help Mick out financially so that he can keep it going.
Well done Mick.