Transa Drive Repair

You can talk about anything here
cazray

Transa Drive Repair

Post by cazray »

No Worries

If your boat is out of the water you should be able to see the pin from the outside and if your careful you could knock it through far enough to be able to move the leg as a pose to use mole grips from the inside, but just be careful as it shouldn't come out completely it and should only need some gentle persuasion.

Ray
woodsy

Transa Drive Repair

Post by woodsy »

Hi ray is yours a Transa-Drive or an Enfield?
cazray

Transa Drive Repair

Post by cazray »

It's an Enfield.
ian8782

Transa Drive Repair

Post by ian8782 »

hello, help needed on transa-drive, came to moor up from a trip earlier and out drive knocked and banged in reverse, when selecting reverse its just noisey and engine nearly stalling, forward gear fine, will be very greatful for any suggestions, thanks ian
spartaneer

Transa Drive Repair

Post by spartaneer »

We have just bought flintlock and need to do loads of work on her. I would be very grateful if any one could help me with info on the engine and outdrive.
I have a Transa sonic but it has the ball joint on the top not the rear and I don
Last edited by spartaneer on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodsy

Transa Drive Repair

Post by woodsy »

Hi, is there anything specific you need to know about the outdrive? I have a Transa-Drive fitted to my boat and had a hard time finding info on it. I joined this forum and obtained a manual from here, I have since managed to fit new prop shaft seals and renewed the steering swivel that was siezed, I got my parts from Sillette. you can contact them on 020 8337 7543 feel free to have a look through my photos here> http://s807.photobucket.com/albums/yy351/wudsy/ you will find a couple of the drive with the covers off on page 3, gives you an idea of whats going on inside.

Regards, Kev.
spartaneer

Transa Drive Repair

Post by spartaneer »

Hi thanks for that its shed some light on it.
If I wind the the nut on the inside nothing happens. It was siezed up but I freed it off. I think it supposed to turn the outdrive to lift it out sideways, is that correct ? If so any ideas why

Regards Graham
woodsy

Transa Drive Repair

Post by woodsy »

Sorry its been a while but I have been busy working on my boat, the socket on the inside ( pictured a bit further up the thread) does not work on my boat it is solid so I decided to leave it that way, I was told that spares are no longer available for this mechanism by Sillette. if you look at the pic of the socket there are two grub screws at the bottom of the cap that hold it on (the bit with the wind up socket sticking through it) under the cap on mine was a locking plate with two pins to stop it turning, it was intended to lift it out of the water it is called a parking position in the manual, handy for changing the oil or clearing the prop etc