Fuel tank Capacity

You can talk about anything here
jimfin

Fuel tank Capacity

Post by jimfin »

Can some one out there please tell me the capicity of the fuel tank on a 27 and also how many hours they get to a liter of diesel feeding a watermota 1600cc ford
terrapin

Fuel tank Capacity

Post by terrapin »

Hya Jim. the capacity of the fuel tank on "Wyvern" is just about 8 gallons(x4.5= 36 litres) although I've measured the tank it works out approx 42 litres, but its always handy to ignore a gallon when running a deisel engine, which I do. At present I'm getting 4.5 hours a gallon from my 3 cylinder Perkins when run on the canal, when I was moored on the River Weaver I was getting 4 hours due to running the boat slightly faster for obvious reasons...Hope this helps..regards..Arthur
riverdance

Fuel tank Capacity

Post by riverdance »

My tank holds about 80 litres and the 1500BMC does about 1 hour per litre on calm water. However it obviously does less when the rivers have a bit of "fresh" in them, which North Yorkshire rivers usually have ::). I was averaging about 2 litres per hour during the floods last year.....still not bad though at 56p/litre
jimfin

Fuel tank Capacity

Post by jimfin »

My reason for asking this is that I want to fit a fuel guage and wanted to be sure I was well down on diesel before I started drilling a hole in the tank to fit it.
cazray

Fuel tank Capacity

Post by cazray »

When I bought Sapphire one of the previous owners had made up a dipstick with a small cross at the top which slotts nicely into the top of the filler pipe and rests on the top thread, at the bottom it has notches at certain intervals which measure the depth of the tank and how much Deisel I have not only in the tank, but also in the filling pipe when full to the brim.
I did want to fit a fuel gauge, but this clever little idea has made me decide not to bother.

Ray