Wanting a Nauticus

You can talk about anything here
lazyoldriverer

Wanting a Nauticus

Post by lazyoldriverer »

Dulcinea also has a starboard seat, on a cupboard (for a Cool Box in my case), in the C'pit.

It is of the "Wise" type

http://www.marinescene.co.uk/category/282/seats
pagina

Wanting a Nauticus

Post by pagina »

Hello,

My name is David Hall. I am considering buying a Nauticus 27. She is moored at a boatyard on the Avon where I would like to get a mooring. The only way to get one is to go on a waiting list 7 to 8 years or to buy a boat which is sitting on a mooring at the yard. The only boat for sale is a Nauticus 27. Since I am new to canal boats I do not have any knowledge of the Nauticus, but I am most impressed by your web page and the information for owners. I should like to ask a few questions, hope you can help! I have as yet only had a quick cursory inspection but i was quite taken with her.

Some manufacturers because of their method of hull construction produced boats which have turned out to be less prone to osmosis than other manufacturers. How do Nauticus boats fare in the osmosis stakes?

"My"(well maybe) Nauticus has a petrol engine with a Z drive. I have never had anything to do with Z drives where can I find out a little more about them?

She had her last boat certificate two and a half years ago, so it has 18 months to run. Can anyone tell me what are the changes during that time that will most likely affect her? She has had her water heater taken out, but still has a heater in the cabin I think it is an old catalytic!

Perhaps that will do for now!!! I look forward to your receiving your replies. Regards David Hall
lazyoldriverer

Wanting a Nauticus

Post by lazyoldriverer »

all boats have osmosis and it is wise to let them "dry out" every couple of years.
However it has been said that the Nauticus was very well made with a more solid hull, but you need to get a survey.