Introductions please

You can talk about anything here
myth

Introductions please

Post by myth »

Sapphire wrote: I am not familier with bubbles in the engine as I have only had Sapphire since April, but she does go ok. The throttle on her has a neutral position, if you move it up it goes into slow forwrd gear or if you go down it goes into slow reverse, then adjust the throttle acordingly. We also have a button on the throttle housing that you can push down and hold to disable the propeller in order to rev the engine, this is ideal for me when starting up the old diesel as she can sometimes smoke a little.

Ray
Cheers Ray, that was useful info. Went out to the boat for the first time yesterday. Had a whale of a time. Gear/throttle lever was pretty easy to figure out after a while, just needed to get some hands on experience but pretty comfy with it now.

The button info was useful. Myth likes to have a bit of a toke to herself when you start her up too, so we used your little gem of info and let her rev it off in neutral for a bit til she calmed down.

All in all a great day. Met some great people, got some good experience handling Myth, operated a lock (which was another thing I was worried about) and got a mean sunburn. and even managed to moor her back up at sawley without pranging anything. Bonus!

Thanks again for the info mate.
riverdance

Introductions please

Post by riverdance »

Always a result when you get back to your marina with no fresh nicks and tucks, particularly during the summer months when all the hire boats are about driven by kamikaze day trippers
starkey

Introductions please

Post by starkey »

Hi.all.
The mame is Brian.Just gone backto boating after 12yrs.,sold my 40ft Narrow Boat (Paddington ) 12yrs ago. Before that i had the burland 27ft cruiser (again Paddington )Can,t get boats out of the blood, so we are back again, unfortunately we are older now, and do not intend to do any lock work.
OOps nearly forgot, bought the 27ft Nauticuss ( Snowbird ) we are moored on the Ashbey Canal, at Trinity Marina. Hope to see you all around, Cheers and Happy Boating.

Brian. (Snowbird ).
riverdance

Introductions please

Post by riverdance »

Hi there Brian,
Welcome to our little (or not so little now) club. Hope you enjoy your Nauticus, great boats and almost go anywhere. I'll let you know how we do on our trip on the tidal stretch on the Ouse and bore you all with photographs
fireman

Introductions please

Post by fireman »

Have my boat on the Leeds Liverpool at Apperley Bridge previously named SPRING SONG travelled up from Cambridgeshire area and now ReChristened to
IZI ELL
after my 2 grandchildren Izabela IZI and Elliott ELL eldest daughter is now expecting again and I have told them the new babys name must begin with FIRE then I can go the whole Hog and have
IZI ELL FIRE
Happy Cruising EVERYONE from Alan