Introductions please

You can talk about anything here
lazyoldriverer

Introductions please

Post by lazyoldriverer »

I have been nosing around and we have "Members" who have not posted yet so dont be shy let us know who you are and what you are up to?
Jim OConnell

Introductions please

Post by Jim OConnell »

Hi All
I'm based in N.W. area of Ireland and moor in the Boyle river. I bought JimFin (Jim & Finola) in late 2006. It's a 27' and last year we had to replace the crankshaft in the Watermota Diesel.
This morning I found that some bastard had broken in and taken the radio. They left everything else inc. tools and Hummingbire sat nav. Bastards. Sorry I cannot think of a nicer word that would discribe my what I think of them.
Anybody got a radio with CD MP3 for sale?
lazyoldriverer

Introductions please

Post by lazyoldriverer »

Hi All
I'm based in N.W. area of Ireland and moor in the Boyle river. I bought JimFin (Jim & Finola) in late 2006. It's a 27' and last year we had to replace the crankshaft in the Watermota Diesel.
This morning I found that some bastard had broken in and taken the radio. They left everything else inc. tools and Hummingbire sat nav. Bastards. Sorry I cannot think of a nicer word that would discribe my what I think of them.
Anybody got a radio with CD MP3 for sale?
I am so sorry that you have been degraded, As your in Ireland I dont think I will make it from the Thames.

However if you look at
http://www.loganboats.co.nz/cadenza/index.htm

There is the Adventures of some Delightful New Zealanders, who We saw on the Thames and Sailed to Ireland

With an 8 Foot Beam, she can not do Canals, but what a Pretty Boat and what delightful scenery you have
riverdance

Introductions please

Post by riverdance »

Hi,
We (John and Kate) are based at Ripon Motorboat Club, North Yorkshire. Looking forwards to the River Ure losing some water so we can get out and about. The canal is fine for a bit of a run but it's only short and we're feeling land-locked.
lazyoldriverer

Introductions please

Post by lazyoldriverer »

Hi,
We (John and Kate) are based at Ripon Motorboat Club, North Yorkshire. Looking forwards to the River Ure losing some water so we can get out and about. The canal is fine for a bit of a run but it's only short and we're feeling land-locked.
I do hope that get out and about, however if you cant there is still this Forum.

Do tell us about your pride and joy
dccruiser

Introductions please

Post by dccruiser »

Hi people, firstly top marks for creating a forum , i will definately be a regular poster.
I have a 27' Nautianne bought on the gloucester and sharpness last May , now based in Shardlow and often around Sawley and out on the trent and shortly to be totally modernised ( new wiring / plumbing / galley and shower room) will post pics as work progresses.
This is the 2nd nauticus 27' i have owned ( i have been messing about with boats for over 20 years so hope to be able to give sound advice on all aspects of maitenance should anyone need any)
Rick
Last edited by dccruiser on Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lazyoldriverer

Introductions please

Post by lazyoldriverer »

welcome dccruiser, we are only small, but that means there is only one way to go, so keep on posting
ramaseas

Introductions please

Post by ramaseas »

hi mark n trace here we have a nauticus at linton lock on the ouse, our boat is polar 1, just joined this site so we are saying hello to everyone on here, so hello hello
riverdance

Introductions please

Post by riverdance »

Hello you two.
We know Linton very well. My first experience of that lock was smashing into the floating pontoon, when as a novice boater 3 years ago I attempted to use the lock in flood ::) Is Stuart still behind the bar in the lock house or has he been swept away in the recent floods . Probably bump into you (let's hope not literaly) next time we are down river.
lazyoldriverer

Introductions please

Post by lazyoldriverer »

Welcome to the Forum ramaseas.

Hope some one can answer your questions