mast for lyndel

You can talk about anything here
lyndel

mast for lyndel

Post by lyndel »

We have noticed that most Nauticus have a mast on the cabin roof which tends to be mahogany with a metal base. We do not have this & were wondering if any of you out there could tell us where we can get one as they look so much better with than without,
Cheers Derek & Lyn
lazyoldriverer

mast for lyndel

Post by lazyoldriverer »

My Mast is broken so I have been looking but have not found one might see if a new one could be made I suppose
Last edited by lazyoldriverer on Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
lyndel

mast for lyndel

Post by lyndel »

Hi there Terry, thanks for the reply. We are sorry to hear that your mast is broken and hope that you can get a replacement made without too much fuss.
Your comment about having one made has got us thinking and we were wondering,if you still have your broken mast, could you let us have the dimensions and possibly a couple of pics, as my father is a wizz with a bit of wood and could probably make one for us.
We had a look at the freeman spares website and saw that they have them in stock but the prices they want for one range from over
stenno978

mast for lyndel

Post by stenno978 »

Hi,
With regards to a mast for a Nauticus. Quite some time ago, I fitted stainless steel cabin top hand rails to Golden Hawk, so in keeping with the s/steel, I fitted a stainless steel mast on the correct postion on the cabin top. It has a hollow diamond shaped upright, with cross fins, a 'L' shaped top, and a flag fixing. I fitted a mast top white light, and its wiring running down inside the hollow upright. Fitted with a s/s hinge so the mast can be lowered, however, the height of the mast is not higher than the screen, so it stops up all the time. This is a good bit of kit, and it looks the part, Price approx.