petrol pipe

You can talk about anything here
ramaseas

petrol pipe

Post by ramaseas »

can anyone tell me what bore fuel pipe i need my fuel lines are rubber pipe, and was told that for it m.o.t. i need to fit copper fuel line from the tank to the carb, i went to order some copper pipe and was asked what bore pipe i needed as there was different sizes , can anyone tell me please. thanks mark, my boat is 27ft with a 1.1 watermola engine, called polar1 at linton lock
lazyoldriverer

petrol pipe

Post by lazyoldriverer »

If you have access to Newsgroups on your ISP then:-
uk.rec.waterways has a large base of technical people and they might be able to help you.

My Nauticus is Diesel, so anything I see will probably not apply, as they pay more attention to Petrol.
We are small on number here so lets see if we also have a boat safety inspector here
dccruiser

petrol pipe

Post by dccruiser »

I have a 27 with a 1.1 watermota, i have just repiped mine for the b.s.s. , i moved the shut off tap to the right hand locker and piped from the tank to the water filter/ seperator in 5/16" copper , i changed the water filter/ seperator for an alloy one as the original has a glass bowl (which is a b.s.s. failure) from the seperator which is attached to the left hand wooden strengthener i have a short length of copper into a rubber fuel pipe ( ensure this is to the relevant b.s.s. rating) feeding the mechanical pump, then a rubber pipe to feed the carb.

As my b.s.s. examiner agreed, to have a solid pipe directly to the engine could be prone to leaks or fractures due to vibration.

hope this helps, should you require any further info p.m. me or go to the b.s.s. website for the number and phone phil in the b.s.s. office, very helpful chap.

Cheers

Rick

(not a b.s.s. examiner , but have put loads of boats through the test and hope to become an examiner once they have sorted out the new criteria)
Last edited by dccruiser on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramaseas

petrol pipe

Post by ramaseas »

thanks alot for that info i think i know what i must do now. by the way are you allowed to have an electric pump, i disconected the manual lift pump as it was nackerd, and fitted electric one in its place