Potential new member

You can talk about anything here
neal

Potential new member

Post by neal »

Hello everyone, I have to say this is a cracking site, there is obviously something about the Nauticus that generates enthusiasm. I am an ex steel narrowboat owner and looking around for a replacement I have time and time again been drawn to the Nauticus 27, there is certainly something about the design - it looks bigger than it is for a start, but just much more classy than the vast majority of grp cruisers. As they say if it looks right it is right.

The rational sensible side of me is sounding warnings about petrol engines (dangerous, under powered) and stern drives, (complicated, expensive to repair) and never having driven one of these boats I imagine there may be handling problems associated with a light boat and a swinging propellor hanging off the back. Oh, and what about stuff fouling the exposed prop.

Any comments/reassurance on these points would be appreciated, or in fact any advice for a potential owner.
lazyoldriverer

Potential new member

Post by lazyoldriverer »

Hi
I have a Diesel Powered unit but there are lots of Petrol Engined boats on the Thames, and they do not seem to be as paranoid as Canal Folks on Petrol. You do however need to be watchfull on Petrol leaks and spillages, just as you are with Gas. As for a Stern drive, it needs a different technique you can steer backwards a little as opposed to not at all, and yes you dont have a weed hatch, but if you are lucky you may have one where you can wind the stern drive out of the water or go wading in the shalllows.:>)
bumble5

Potential new member

Post by bumble5 »

Hi from another new member and new to this boating game.Just to reassure you, I've had a Nauticus for 2 seasons now and have had absolutely no trouble with fouling of prop, had a recondition of leg for