Enfield Propellor

You can talk about anything here
trickydicky

Enfield Propellor

Post by trickydicky »

Hi all,
I have recently bought my 2nd Nauticus, this one currently named Nature Girl from Derek near Bradford on Avon. She's all natural white with BMC engine and Enfield leg as opposed to the Ford petrol and Transadrive previously owned. Anyway I intend to replace the prop this winter as the old one looks like it's been eaten by a big pike on one of the blades. According to the info with the boat the prop size is 14x10 and I was thinking of changing to a bigger pitch e.g 14x12 to give me some more umph when on the rivers. What is the nominal size when new? Does anyone know if this will cause any problems as I do still use the canals alot. Also does anyone know of a prop 'guard' that can be fitted to prevent rope and plastic bags being wrapped around. They can be a real pain on some canals.
Regards RichC
martin

Enfield Propellor

Post by martin »

Contact Sheridan Marine on 01491 652085 info@britishseagull.co.uk
Sheridan Boatyard, Moulsford, Oxfordshire, OX10 9HU

They supply spares for Enfield outlegs and propellers. There's a pricelist on the website and the guy I spoke to was very knowledgable and helpful. New propellers are a bit pricey, but your old one can probably be repaired.

Regards
Maggie
woodsy

Enfield Propellor

Post by woodsy »

Hi Rich,
There are four props on ebay at the moment all from the same seller Bill Higham Marine, (search for "enfield propeller") there are two R/H and two L/H. if you want to go for a repair you could try this: http://www.castlemarine.co.uk/aboutus.htm

Regards, Kevin.
trickydicky

Enfield Propellor

Post by trickydicky »

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the info. I have been looking on ebay for some time and had given up looking due to none of them being my size. One of the current ones might be just right but it's used and almost the price of a new one so I might wait a little longer when I get the boat out of the water to do some repairs. I have found that Sillette-Sonic sells a huge range of props at reasonable price so I may decide to buy one from them.
Thanks again for replying, I'll let you know how I get on.
Regards,
Rich C
trickydicky

Enfield Propellor

Post by trickydicky »

Hi All,

Just a quick update on the propellor size and repair. I have had the prop repaired at Steel Developments in London who speciallise in boat propellors. For