Waltzing Matilda.

You can talk about anything here
maggie

Waltzing Matilda.

Post by maggie »

Dear All

We're Maggie and Dave Martin, proud new owners of Nauticus 22 "Waltzing Matilda" number 011, moored at the Bridgehouse Marina on the Lancaster Canal. We're completely new to canal boating and very keen to hear from anyone who knows this boat. The previous owners have certainly looked after her, as she's in tip top condition. I was quite surprised to find out that she's number 011.

We've been out on the water twice now without incident. I think we're getting the hang of things! Dave has sent off for workshop manuals for the Watermota Sea Wolf crossflow engine and the J-type gear box, but he'd be glad to receive any tips, or insights from more experienced boaters. Is anyone aware of the existence of a general manual for the Nauticus 22?
lazyoldriverer

Waltzing Matilda.

Post by lazyoldriverer »

Hi
Welcome to the Forum, being a "Southern Softie", I have not been on the Lancaster yet.
However the only"22's" I have seen are Outboard powered, sure you dont have a 27?
Number 011 is Early mine is 120 December '72 and some Initials I think of the Builder "GKS"
Last edited by lazyoldriverer on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waterdude

Waltzing Matilda.

Post by Waterdude »

Yes i thought all 22ft Nauticus were outboard. Yours certainly is an early one. The most AMAZING thing is if yours uses a J type gear box then you must be on shaft !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not outboard or most common outdrive.
Have fun
martin

Waltzing Matilda.

Post by martin »

If you're interested have a look at the pictures on the marina website www.bridgehousemarina.co.uk

Waltzing Matilda is still on there, marked as sold, on the second page of the boats for sale, moored next to a Nauticus 27. I've counted 10 other Nauticus boats on the marina. Cruisers are more popular than narrow boats on the Lancaster canal.

It's definitely a Ford Watermota engine and Z drive, but I'm not absolutely sure about the number 011. The plate is very dificult to read.

Maggie
martin

Waltzing Matilda.

Post by martin »

Having just looked at the Nauticus boat list I'm much more confident about the number 011. All the 22 footers have numbers starting with a zero. Maybe this is a designation for the model, rather than an indication of the age. Number 003 is moored on the Lancaster Canal.

Maggie
lazyoldriverer

Waltzing Matilda.

Post by lazyoldriverer »

Dulcinea N0 120 is converted to Diesel (Perkins 4108) and the Drive is an Enfield Outleg. I dont think there is any space for a shaft drive version!
martin

Waltzing Matilda.

Post by martin »

Waltzing Matilda has a space saving Z drive.

Maggie