Top Hatch stays wanted

You can talk about anything here
soapy

Top Hatch stays wanted

Post by soapy »

Hi everyone,

Has anyone any idea where to get hold of replacement friction stays for the top hatch, please? I believe the originals were a single fold with a screw clamp at the joint. Those on our boat have been replaced with a window casement stay of all things. It's a daft idea as it sticks down into the cabin right where you straighten up when getting out of the forward bed. We have only had the boat 2 weeks and I've hit my head on the stay 4 times so far.

Any aid appreciated.

David (Soapy) 'Our Eden'
terrapin

Top Hatch stays wanted

Post by terrapin »

Hya David..welcome to the site. As regards the stays on your hatch, try a caravan breakers, the stays on a Nauticus are almost the same as those used on the small vents on a caravan that are positioned over a shower cubicle or kitchen area..I'll keep an eye out for some near me and let you know if I find any..in the meantime, if you get fixed up, post it on here so's I know...Best of luck.....Arthur "Wyvern"
soapy

Top Hatch stays wanted

Post by soapy »

Thanks Arthur,

We actually managed to order some flat folding types more in keeping with the original. Pat at Moons Bridge had them in an 'Aquafax' catalogue with a choice of lengths available, however you cannot order them direct as they are apparently a trade only company. When I get them I'll post again so's anyone who might want them can get a look at a picture by email.

Ta, for your help, anyway.

David(Soapy) 'Our Eden'
soapy

Top Hatch stays wanted

Post by soapy »

So much for waiting all this time for new hatch stays to arrive - out of stock! Not making any of that type, Can't find anywhere...etc, etc,.

I hate the idea of fitting those horrible plastic ones they fit on caravan roofs...thinks, can I make some, uhhmmm???

Soapy
riverdance

Top Hatch stays wanted

Post by riverdance »

Either that or buy a tin hat

Have you tried Towsure in Sheffield, they have a mail order section

http://www.towsure.com/bespoke/stores.htm

They may be able to help if you ring them as I know not all their items are listed in the book.

John