You can talk about anything here
fireman

Post by fireman »

Just to let you know that I am a New Member having just purchased Spring Song, to be renamed... Izi Ell ... Never been on a boat before so Lock up your boats , Drain the locks and no doubt give me a WIDE berth, joking aside I am definately looking forward to the relaxed leisurely pace of waterway life .
lyndel

Post by lyndel »

Hi there Fireman, welcome to the world of boating.
I'm not sure about the leisurely pace thing, what with the washing polishing and general maintenance, but it is a great way to relax and I wouldn't worry about not having been on a boat before as you will pick it up quickly and we have found that there is always somebody nearby who will be willing to show you the ropes.
Where are you based, you never know you may be near some other members of this site who ,I am sure ,will be more than willing to give you some guidance.
Happy boating and let us know how you are getting on.
Cheers Derek & Lyn
fireman

Post by fireman »

Hi There I am moored at CV Marina Apperley Bridge, got a few jobs to do so if anyone is nearby or wants to contact me direct on == alan@abfiretraining.com == I would be very appreciative of any information, advice or just plain help. Immediate jobs I am planning are 240 volt electrics, a split charge relay, general tidy around and hopefully a half hour jaunt or 2 close by the marina to familiarise myself with the basic stop start and turn fundamentals of a vehicle without wheels. Must say though I really am looking forward to getting Out and About.
fireman

Post by fireman »

Hi THere I have been on board the Nauticus today and noticed that according to the manufacturers plate it is Number 83. Cant wait to tidy her up and go for a quick cruise for a mile or so.
lyndel

Post by lyndel »

Today has to be the day for your first cruise as there is nothing better than cruising the river on a lovley sunny day...............enjoy.
Cheers Derek & Lyn
riverdance

Post by riverdance »

Hello Fireman and welcome to boating and especially welcome to the Nauticus website.

Well, what a weekend we have just had, we had our first trip of the season down to Linton Lock (about 4 hours). Great to see the lock house has re-opened and selling drinks and food.

Hope you had a good first run out and didn't do too much damage!! ;0)