MY FIRST BOAT!!!!

You can talk about anything here
geoff

MY FIRST BOAT!!!!

Post by geoff »

hi everyone i have just got me a nauticus amd would like to know off anyone the things to look out for to make sure she is good condition and that i have not been ripped off, this is my first ever boat and i am excited but dont know a thing about boats at all and would be greatly thankfull if anyone could just steer me on the right track. or if anyone knows any information on my boat? she is named TRADE WINDS, history or anything i can use to start making a portfolio on her. thanks.........geoff.
riverdance

MY FIRST BOAT!!!!

Post by riverdance »

Hi, First of all welcome to the website and congratulations in buyi ng a Nauticus. These are fantastic boats, suitable for canals and tidal rivers. Things to look out for?........windows leaking :-/ leaks from the deck furniture :-/ perhaps. To be honest, nothing really springs to mind. They are a very forgiving, strong, well built boat.

Hope you enjoy the experience..we have.

Where are you moored, what engine etc?
cheers!
geoff

MY FIRST BOAT!!!!

Post by geoff »

hi there river dance thanks for your reply, she is currently moored in stourport marina, she has had brand new windows and seals, done by the previouse owner, and you say look out for leaks on the decking???? i really dont know a thing about boats so could you explain more? thanks........geoff. ??? ::)
geoff

MY FIRST BOAT!!!!

Post by geoff »

sorry its a 1.8 bmc deisel.
lazyoldriverer

MY FIRST BOAT!!!!

Post by lazyoldriverer »

Well firstly welcome to this little site.
secondly the Nauticus is lovely as she is "Rolls Royce of the Canals"

To be honest there are a lot more posh tin cans on canals now but
terrapin

MY FIRST BOAT!!!!

Post by terrapin »

Hi Geoff..again welcome to the world of the Nauticus...Trade Winds eh.?..I think I know that boat from the Bridgewater Canal in Cheshire. I seem to remember it being in Lymm Cruising Club, but not positive, so will make a few local enquiries and see what I can find out..Best of luck with the boat, apart from any mechanical problems you might have over a period of time..the boat wont let you down..its a tough ole bugger..and has survived many a knock from a wayward narrowboat....Arthur
LOLLIPOP

MY FIRST BOAT!!!!

Post by LOLLIPOP »

:) we too have just bought our first boat - a nauticus 27 called lollipop. I don't think its her orrigional name, but we love her just the same. We are having a few teething problems, but am sure she will settle.
riverdance

MY FIRST BOAT!!!!

Post by riverdance »

Welcome..again.

It surprising how many Nauticus NauticusesNautici Nauticus boats are about........or perhaps not as they are so well made.

Great boats, well done in your choice for a first boat.

John