Whats on The Roof

You can talk about anything here
jimfin

Whats on The Roof

Post by jimfin »

Hi All
Our JimFin has a naked roof. From the windscreen down to the hatch there is a raised ridge and there is a flat peice about 2 inches long 2/3 the way down.
Could any of you guys send me pics of what should be on the roof.
riverdance

Whats on The Roof

Post by riverdance »

I suspect it could be for the mast, however, on Riverdance there is a Mast, VHF radio arial, Pair of Horns, Spot Light, 2 Brushes, Boat Hook, T V Sat Dish, 3 Ropes, Fishing rod, Mop, Life Ring and a small solar panel.

Need to be prepared for all eventualities
Last edited by riverdance on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimfin

Whats on The Roof

Post by jimfin »

Hi John
Thanks for the pic. But I'm looking for a close up of how the mast is mounted and where. Also the wiring for the mast nav light comes out about 3 or 4" in front of the windscreen. Maybe I can move this!
riverdance

Whats on The Roof

Post by riverdance »

If your interior is like mine the headlining has a wooden lath down the centre of the boat. You can take this off and run the cable in between the headlinings and bring up through the "roof" using an electrical skin fitting. The mast light is then able to be plugged in and out. The same goes for the radio arial and the wiring to the horns.

Don't you just love drilling holes in the boat!! I nearly had a stroke when I fitted the exhaust skin fitting to the erbersplutter