riverdance

Eberspacher Heater

Post by riverdance »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26282832@N00/2320141517/

try again ::)
riverdance

Eberspacher Heater

Post by riverdance »

It would seem you have to cut and paste the whole link into the address box.

Cheers
stenno978

Eberspacher Heater

Post by stenno978 »

Hi All,
I looked into fitting an Eberspacher Heater to Golden Hawk, but after more negative than positive feedback, I decided on a Gas fired blown air heater from Propex Heating. A 2.0kw Heater, on continuous running, using 1.4amps per hour, and 31.7hrs continuous running on a 4.5 Butane, at lot more when on thermostat.
More info: www.propexheatsource.co.uk Less the half the price of an E/pacher, and everything you need, is in the box. Low consumption on everything, and maintenance free.
Anyway I have just finished the fitting of the unit and it's brill.
A quick run down on fitting: A 12ins Hatch was cut out in front the helmsman seat location,(where your feet goes) and trimmed with ally, with overhanging underneath wood supports allowing the cutout section to fit straight back in position. The area underneath this location, boxed out level with the thingy-pit floor, but leaving the port side open. The unit was fitted in here diagonally.
The gas supply was taken by means of a three way compression joint from the pipe to the gas cooker, which is positioned under the port side gunnel, and to assist in access, a small hatch was cut from the side facing wood sheet, adjacent to the hatch already cut out in front of the the helmsman seat post. A stop valve was fitted between the threeway compression and the heater unit.
The Unit Combustion air inlet and Exhaust outlet skin fitting was fitted though the same side hatch to the right of the large beam upright, positioned between the top and middle hull strake. Two S/S flexible pipes were fitted from the skin fitting, down, and fitted to the heater unit from underneath it's fitment shelf.
The recirculating cool air to the unit, via ducting, was from the undersink cupboard, straight though the bulkhead only a few inches from the unit, the hot air outlet ducting traveling down in a small sweeping 'S' bend to underneath the port side raised cabin floor, through the bulkhead. Another small hatch was cut in the under sink cupboard floor, for the fitting of a 'Y' connector, and the first outlet fitted in the side walkway opposite the head, and a further outlet fitted further along under the large seat cupboard. From the position of the first hot air outlet, as well as heating the cabin, it also heats the thingy-pit.
Finally the unit was wired to the 12volt fuse block behind the dash unit and the thermostat fitted to the cabin side bulkhead.
NOTE. Back in 2005, Mr Davison, and his son Ralph, (both mentioned in the history page on the web site), did a Hull Survey on Golden Hawk, for insurance purposes. They suggested that because Nauticus were so well made and constructed, that it would be benifical to put vents in the side of the cabin centre walkway for ventilation and to stop any condensation between the hull and the cabin deck. I fitted 7 small vents, three either side, and one in the bow, fitted with s/s vent covers, the centre vent located under the port side table leg. This facilited the fitting of my depth/fish finder transducer( shoot through hull) and also for feeding the air ducting to the second air outlet, very easy to do, loads of room, and any residual hot air from the ducting can outlet into the cabin via the vents.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Martyn (Golden Hawk)